07 Dec Top 10 Things To Do with Kids over Summer in Porepunkah – the hidden gem between Bright and Mt Buffalo
1. Float down the river in our park in a tyre, or just have a swim. The Ovens River is the perfect depth for kids as it is generally waist deep and crystal clear. There are plenty of river pebbles that are perfect for skimming.
2. Organise a kayak or a canoe with our friends at Adventure Guide Australia. There are short guided trips for all ages that can take you from Bright through to Porepunkah. For the more adventurous there are guided abseiling and caving activities on Mt Buffalo. This can all be booked through our office.
3. Enjoy a splash in the water park in Bright. Kids of all ages love it here. There is something about getting soaked on a hot summer’s day that kids love. Just be ware of the giant bucket of water that comes crashing down on your head when you least expect it!
4. Mountain biking or BMX. Porepunkah Bridge Holiday Park is opening their BMX track for all our guests just in time for summer-great for the younger kids. For the more experienced riders try the Mystic Mountain bike trails just down the road in Bright. There is also a BMX track in Porepunkah, only a short walk from our park. Get on your bikes and have some serious fun!
5. The Rail Trail is at our front door with easy flat trails that take you along the river into Bright, or leads you back towards Myrtleford.
6. Mt Buffalo waterfalls and walks. These are easy to access by foot and promises to be well worth the effort. Ladies Bath Falls is the easiest to access and about a 5 minute walk from the side of the road. Make sure you wear sneakers as it is quite rocky in places. Take bathers as the water hole is heaven to swim in!
7. Explore Lake Catani at Mt Buffalo where you can hire stand up paddle boards, and kayaks. A perfect place to take a picnic lunch and do an activity, for a half, or a full day. This can be booked through our office.
8. Cloud 9 cinema in Bright. A fantastic little cinema for kids and families that always shows a plethora of kids movies over the Christmas period. This is also a licensed cinema.
see the link below for what’s showing:
9. Try many of our fishing spots right here in our park. My 3 year old daughter even caught a rainbow trout a month ago! The challenge is on! For a guaranteed fish there is the Trout Farm in Harrietville which is an easy 20 minute drive from Porepunkah.
10. Why not catch a sunrise or a sunset up at Mt Buffalo? Try to see either from the Lookouts, which are a short drive up the mountain. The gorge lookout at the Mt Buffalo Chalet has spectacular views that will take your breath away. It is this type of activity with your kids that will hold a special place in your hearts for years to come!
You are sure to create some unforgettable memories with these activities, while reconnecting kids with the great outdoors.
Porepunkah Bridge Holiday Park also hold special kids activities in our Park over Summer so just ask in our office.